Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Millie


I just sat down and spent some time with Millie. She is what we fondly refer to as "an outside dog," meaning that I don't care who you are, you don't have enough lap for this dog.

But she remembers being a puppy like it's yesterday and she is convinced she'll still fit. Like last year's bathing suit, belief doesn't always make it so.

Anyway, as a a proper outside dog--and something of a canine guru--she thoroughly schooled me in the folly of approaching her freshly showeredand wearing a white shirt for some "us time."

She's all love. All dusty, hairy, slobbering, oh-scratch-me-there, now-over-here, now-back-there, you're-my-favorite-person-this-very-moment love. With a tail like a metronome in a tornado. She's pretty cool. In a cuddly, filthy, unconditional sort of way.

No comments:

Post a Comment