Monday, January 9, 2017

Indy Travelogue: Part II, in which a surprised clerk bears home a blossom

January 8, 2017 -- Where were we? Ah, yes. McDonald's. The crowd had just finished the national anthem, sans accompaniment. And breakfast was over.

Our next stop was Tractor Supply Co. We did our shopping and were now ready to leave town. But no! JC is buying a plant.

This was neither the first time, nor will it be the last. *sigh*

I readily admit to having a covetous spirit. When I go into TSC, at some point I will enter the outerwear aisle and time will come to an abrupt halt. I will be surrounded by Carhartt, Schmidt, and now Ariat products and I will visualize having one of each style and each color. They'll be hanging in a walk-in closet (just off a mud room somewhere) that would make a movie star weep in envy. Lately, I've experienced a fetish expansion. There is now room in my fantasy wardrobe for a collection of flannel-lined dungarees, too. It's been a bit nippy here.

I don't think I've ever purchased a jacket with the express intent of immediately giving it away.

JC saw that amaryllis plants were on sale. She'd talked to one of the people working that day, because ... well, because she talks to people. Lots of people. And it is not a requirement that she and the other person have met before. In conversation, JC learned that this person had never had an amaryllis. That is no longer the case. My wife is kind of special. Come to town. You're bound to meet her somewhere. She'll probably engage you in conversation. And you may leave with a plant. Or two.


1 comment: